Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2nd entry

...so I grew up in the church believing in Jesus. I went to youthgroup and and even memorized scripture. It wasn't until college my freshman year that I found out I could get to know Jesus personally. I wanted to find a church to get to know other Christians, I found a church called Abundant Life. I met people there who were in love with Jesus, they had such a passion for Him it showed in everything they did. I wanted what they had. I realized at this point in my walk that Jesus wasn't Lord of my life I hadn't totally given my life to Him and let Him be the center of my life instead of me leading. I learned about having a relationship with Jesus, that I could talk to Him all the time and not just on Sundays and before meals. I was so in awe of this Creator who could create the most amazing details in the most beautiful flower to the most amazing colors in a sunset, I could go on and on about what He has created for us. And to think that He was in love with me. He even carried me thru some discouraging times in college. I was in His hand. He never left me, He was always there with His sweet still small voice. For the first time I learned about the word grace. "For by grace you have been saved through faith, not of ourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2: 8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment